After connecting to your platform, you will be presented with 4 options to synchronize the controls and metadata in Profile Creator with the platform:
- Do nothing – Profile Creator is connected to the platform but none of the controls are updated. In this case, Profile Creator is considered “out of sync” with the platform.
- This method is best used when you plan to load an existing BGPS file before starting your work.
- If you wish to pull parameters from the platform, click the sync button on the User API window.
- Pull Current – All parameters currently active on the platform will be pulled into the currently selected preset/profile slot of the Preset Manager.
- Pull Current and duplicate – All parameters currently active on the platform will be pulled into the currently selected preset/profile slot of the Preset Manager. These parameters will then be duplicated to all other slots in the Preset Manager.
- This is useful when starting from scratch on a new platform.
- This method is used for all Profile Creator versions 2.0.3 and below.
- Pull embedded – This will pull all presets embedded in the ProDef.c on the connected platform.
- NOTE: This process requires loading each profile on the platform, then pulling the data. It can take a long time on platforms that have slow communication protocols.