Like having an audio engineer in your device.
Bongiovi DPS is a patented audio processing algorithm that re-masters audio in real time. It works by creating an audio signal that is optimized for the desired application. An optimized audio signal is easier to hear, easier for an amplifier to reproduce and results in a better overall listening experience. Bongiovi DPS has been integrated into thousands of consumer devices and is now available for medical applications as MDPS.
With the addition of the new User Volume Control and Embedded AGC modes, Bongiovi DPS can now provide the function of a hardware DSP chip. In many devices (such as TVs, cell phones and smart devices) the internal speaker audio is conformed using a very low cost, fixed point, poor quality DSP chip. However, this type of embedded DSP chip can be a major factor in the final audio quality of a product. Let Bongiovi DPS, a studio-quality floating point algorithm, do this important work in your device!
These features are accessible through the use of sound profiles. A Bongiovi DPS profile contains the settings for over 120 algorithm calibration points. This flexibility allows Bongiovi DPS to provide these audio solutions:
Bongiovi DPS provides these audio system solutions in a single library:
Audio System Tools – Bongiovi DPS provides these audio system solutions in a single library:
- Speaker Protection
- Dynamic Range Control
- Automatic Volume Control
- 3D Sound Field Enhancement
- User Tone Controls
- Vocal Clarity Enhancement
- Bass Enhancement
- Sound Stage Enhancement
- Ultra High Frequency (Air) Enhancement
- Compress audio restoration (mp3, streaming, Bluetooth)
- Medical Applications
The Ultimate Audio Processing Solution
- Improve the sound of headphones and earbuds – Bongiovi Acoustics audio engineers have created profiles for many popular headphones and earbuds. These profiles correct for any audio deficiencies and provide an overall improvement in sound quality.
- Virtual Reality – Bongiovi has developed the new V3D positional audio solution to answer the needs of VR and Gaming applications. V3D + DPS provides extraordinary accuracy with a balanced sound. Unlike other solutions that alter the frequency response and impact of sound effects, V3D + DPS adapts to the incoming stream to maximize the experience for stereo as well as multi-channel surround sources.
- Improve the sound of small speaker systems– Portable speakers, clock radios, laptops, tablets and mobile phones all sacrifice audio quality for portability. Bongiovi DPS excels at creating an optimized audio signal for small speakers. This means louder overall output, clarity for soft recordings and better bass response thanks to a new and improved Virtual Subwoofer (VSUB) algorithm component.
- Improve the sound of large speaker systems – Home theater, car audio, PA systems and more. If it makes sound, Bongiovi DPS can make a difference in the audio quality.
- Improve the sound of TVs or multimedia displays– We all know movies can have very loud or very soft passages. Bongiovi DPS can normalize the volume (DRC) of all multimedia content in a way that sounds natural and brings out details normally only heard in a movie theater.
- Automatic sound mixing/mastering – Are you developing an app that blends several sounds together? Even if the user is an experienced sound engineer the results of music mixed on an app can be less than ideal. Bongiovi DPS can automatically help blend music, voice and other sounds with the press of a single button.
- Improve the sound of internet audio streams – Real-time internet audio can have inconsistent volume, content quality, and frequency response issues. The adaptive components of Bongiovi DPS can easily provide a consistent, quality listening experience for any audio stream.
- Clarity in high noise environments – Does your audio need to be heard in a crowded or noisy environment? Bongiovi DPS was originally invented to provide high-quality audio in the noisy environment of small private airplanes.
- …and any other audio application you can think of– Bongiovi Acoustics audio engineers are here to help you find your audio solution!